life and death, work and play

Wow, what a busy week it has been, and a busier week on the horizon.

It all started a week ago Thursday when I interviewed for a part-time position. Its a "secretary" or administrative position, one that many people wouldn't deem very glamorous. My response to such a thought is that a secretary or administrative assistant is an integral and vital part of any organization, they are important. Besides, someone has to do all that stuff. I applied and interviewed for the job because I like doing that kind of stuff, and I am good at it.

The following morning I received a call that I was selected as their ideal candidate. They had already spoken to one of my references (left a message for a second, but hand't heard back yet) and were more than comfortable extending the offer to me. After some relatively brief discussions, I accepted. (Everything about it was acceptable, even the pay, which was more than I was expecting!)

So I started already this week. Even though it's only part time, it felt like a busier week. I think I got used to the 3.5 months of not working and having all the time in the world.

Next week we have plans for a trip, meetings for hubby, and visiting for me. I was hoping to get some things done over the weekend, and early next week... But something came up.

We mourn the loss of a loved one. Someone dear to hubby, and someone dear to close friends. Tomorrow we head for viewing, then Monday for the funeral. We pray that she is now with God, happy and healthy, and living in glory.

Sometimes things come up that change our plans. But everything happens in God's time. So a busy week just ended, and a busier week on the horizon. At least we are not idle!

0 comments: