have I learned anything this year?

I'd like to say "yes, of course..." but how true is that? Okay, I will give 'myself' a little more credit than that. With the help and will of God, through people, books, etc, I am realizing that love and kindness go a lot further than process or semantics...
I guess I could list some things:

  • I have learned things about my father (over the past couple years) that I guess I never wanted to admit were true. I should have listened to my siblings a long time ago.
  • I have learned that there are right, but many more wrong ways and places to express anger and frustration.
  • I have learned that genuinely caring about people's feelings is important.
  • I have learned that not every one is an idiot (still trying to 'learn' that not all drivers are idiots too)!
  • I have learned that I am a lot of things that I do not want to be.
  • I have learned that I am a lot of things that I do want to be.
  • I have learned that some bad things happen and some good things happen (but not quite enough to blurt out all that *stuff* about it building character).
  • I am learning to be content in all situations.
  • I am learning to look for the good in all things (kind of the same as the above one I guess).
  • I am learning to be in control of my emotions.
  • I am learning to be happy!

0 comments: