the fall

So I feel I should be carrying on with the story and latest of last week's events, that will come. But first I must tell you about my silly fall.
We had quite the snowstorm overnight Saturday to Sunday. Sunday I went out on our deck (its 8 steps up from the ground). It was covered in snow, pretty deep. The shovel was not on the deck, I needed to go get it.
This started my trek down the snow covered steps. Well, underneath that snow was a nice slick layer of ice, conveniently hidden so I couldn't even tell it was there!
My foot slid out, down I went... I fell almost on my tailbone, but more off to the one side. I tried to grab the railing with my left arm, but it was already too late.
There I went, bouncing on my bottom, all the way down the stairs! It was actually quite funny. Lucky for the snow, it cushioned the landing. I also seem to have some "natural" extra padding built right in!
Yes, funny, mainly because no one saw, and because at that point nothing hurt. I got up... Got the shovels, and we (by this time the hubby was outside) shoveled. Yes, funny, until later that night when things started to ache... Was it the fall (still hadn't told the hubby about that) or was it the shoveling?
Yes, funny, until the next morning... I could not move. The slightest move or touch (hubby *gently* shaking me awake) was excruciating! My whole left side... Ouch...
Yes, funny again, because I am feeling a lot better... (Though holding my arms up to type seems to tire me out!)

1 comments:

  Anonymous

December 7, 2007 at 10:19 PM

ouch.