well i'll be

It took me awhile to submit to the peer pressure to try out facebook (took longer for blogging, so far that is going okay). I finally set up my profile, added some friends, looked around and thought, "what's the fuss all about." Quite frankly, it didn't really excite me.
I stumbled across a list of classmates who graduated high school the same year as me. All those names of all those people that "I will never talk to." But glancing at the names the reminiscing started. Not so much remembering the *good* times, I mean, there weren't that many of those, and not really so much curious what all these people were now doing.
Nope, I was much more selfish than that! I was thinking about who I was back then, and how does that compare to who I am now... Back then I was pretty damn impatient, especially with people. Hmmm, still am. Back then I was stubborn, headstrong, tenacious. Hmmm, still am. I could go on, you get the idea.
I haven't changed that much I guess, except I think I am a little nicer now, man, I was a such a bitch when I was that age!
In addition to all this self-reflecting, which didn't last that long - I know what areas of myself still need some improvement - I did end up thinking about some of those people, and made contact with a few. The responses that I did (and didn't receive) were not a surprise, guess those people haven't changed that much either...
But what has surprised me is the people who have sought me out... Like just lately, this one guy that I didn't know that well, but always thought to be somewhat intriguing...
Of course there's always the couple high school crushes... LOL

0 comments: