campfire?

So I think there is a bridge that might be on fire... This is a bridge between two people, a relationship bordering on destruction. It doesn't seem like it, because the fire is small.
Well, to be completely honest, there's actually two bridges, two relationships in my life that might be in a state of crisis, though I don't know how to process it all.
One relationship, well, its a bigger fire, and in all honesty its aroma is sweet, reminds me of a good campfire, with good people around to share. And smores... mmm smores. See this relationship means less to me, though it has existed as long as I have ever known. It has changed drastically over the past years, but the spiral has been out of control for the past few months... Likely the result of an opposing outside force that has altered the path of two entities that seemed to have co-existed just fine... until...
The other relationship, well, that's much more complicated... The fire is there, but so hidden, refusing to really allow itself to be shown. Every once in awhile there is a whiff... Its smell is putrid, nearly hell, but mixed in with that is still the reminder of something better... a good smell...
Okay, so maybe this is a bad metaphor... I'm not really sure what I am even trying to say (so why blog... ???)...
I'm torn... feeling somewhat ripped apart and its so hard to understand.

2 comments:

  Anonymous

March 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

um, yeah, I'm not quite following you here--but hey. why NOT blog?! who ever said we needed to have something to say?!

  Jessica Côté

March 26, 2008 at 11:09 PM

lmao... i will tell you about it someday...