i'll take your best shot

This past week has to have been one of the most trying weeks I have ever lived through. I am not even sure my narrative will do justice to the feelings and the *aura* of the place...
Granted, I am not used to certain communal living, and even though there has always been someone downstairs, not once have they ever used my laundry machines. Yes, I am still hung up on that, not only because I couldn't do laundry last Sat, but EVERY night this week until Thurs someone was using them. How much laundry can one person have? I guess when your bath towel is the size of a bedspread, one towel must be one load.
What eats me the most is being so unwelcome in my own home, by someone who is NEW and in my opinion should be making every effort to fit in and make things comfortable. No compassion, no consideration, no sensitivity, certainly no respect.
Can you imagine being told you do not know your 'place', while you are standing IN YOUR OWN HOME, by someone who made it painfully and clearly obvious that they belonged, when quite frankly, you aren't convinced they do.
Can you imagine having someone wave their finger at you and tell you a thing or two about respect within moments of nearly destroying your property? AND, you are NOT a child, but a full grown adult, who deserves a little respect.
Can you imagine almost holding your breath each day, hoping a vehicle will pull out and never return... before its too late, and bridges are burned forever, relationships destroyed (yet again)...
Some of you can... In the meantime, I got through it (so far) so my response to that is:

bring it on baby... i'll take your best shot!

0 comments: