better seen than heard

I've had to resort to listening to hockey online. Satellite down, rabbit ears just not quite picking up CBC clearly enough to make out the puck... All I can see in the midst of the fuzz is the players. I cannot see where the puck is so it kind of defeats the purpose, and the station keeps coming in and out.
So, I'm listening. Its not really that bad, cause I can do other things while listening, however, I'm still not familiar with all the players on these teams (Dallas playing at Detroit, I'm sure the Stars won't feel like *stars* after they lose tonight), so I have to refer to the team rosters... Oh well, I would not likely look up the rosters if I was actually watching the game. So I will recognize those as benefits.
But still, there is nothing better than watching hockey live, but if you can't watch it live, at least on a nice crisp clear signal... Silly snowy CBC, you don't really seem like "my" Canadian station, being so hard to tune in... Ironic.

And yes, I am still very much a HABS fan, but 6 of them are now playing in IIHF World Championships (obviously because they are no longer in the playoffs)... But if I had to choose Detroit or Dallas, its the Red Wings, no hesitation. If I had to choose between Pittsburgh or Philadelphia, its the Penguins... But I'm not 100% sure who I am choosing when the Penguins meet the Red Wings in the final, prolly Detroit... just because.

0 comments: