resentment more adequately defines it...

I looked up grievance - because I am writing one right now.

... a complaint or resentment, as against an unjust or unfair act: to have a grievance against someone.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

I certainly feel some resentment...

  • towards the people that have contributed towards this "notice of disciplinary action" that I have received
  • towards the process that did not take into account the discussions that happened regarding situations
  • towards the 'fact' that I have indirectly already filed my grievance that day - when I finally was able to speak and explain "my side" of things - and that NONE of what I said was taken into account
  • towards the 'fact' that ALL of what the "other side" has said was indeed represented
  • towards the 'fact' that even though I already explained this all, I now get to write it all down as part of a formal grievance process
  • towards step #1 of the grievance process that states: (after receiving grievance) The supervisor and employee will try to resolve the matter informally.
This last point I want to address for two reasons.

First - I already had informal conversations with my supervisor that have been either denied (also known as forgotten), or not taken into account. Hmmm.
Second - What is the point of going through a formal grievance process just for step 1 to be informal. Hmmm.

And in all this I believe I have given clear indication that I feel this is both unfair and unjust. But I must quote yet more lyrics... Today's winner - Guns n' Roses - Breakdown (Use Your Illusion II 1997)

"Remember in this game we call life, that no one said its fair."

0 comments: