the habs lost.... man that sucks

My HABS, for those of you who don't know who the HABS are, shame on you, the Montreal Canadiens, NHL hockey team, are now done for the season. It saddens me. We entered the playoffs as the lead team in the Eastern conference, the most points, super hot. We had a tougher series against our rivals Boston than I thought we would, but pulled through and took that series in round 1 of the 2008 playoffs.
That is exactly what I expected tonight, for us to pull through. We were down 3-1 in the round 2 series ag
ainst the Flyers (Philadelphia) - yah, I'm not giving you an easy link to their website, look them up... We were doing so well in the first period, and our all time favorite goalie, Price - who still ROCKS SO HARD by the way, made some super saves. But then things took a turn for the worse and we ended period 2 down one goal at 4-3. But a nice goal early in the third (thanks Andrei Kostitsyn!), and Price some WICKED saves, including stopping Briere on a breakaway, WAY TO GO Price, WE LOVE YOU.
But Philly scored, a tricky shot, and a tip in, Price didn't stand a chance. One minute to go, and I would have done it to, the coach pulle
d Price to the bench and six Habs on the ice. But the risk is there for a reason, the puck got away, and the Philly player made it first. In the empty net.

Worst part of it all - no, not having to take off my HABS jerse
y knowing it won't get worn again till next season... no, it was the WALK OF SHAME from my car to my house, after the ceremonial removal of the sweetest HABS flag from my car window.


Next year boys... your still my team!


0 comments: