sliding further away

So its been a few days that we've had the house to ourselves. There was all this garbage (in bags, at least) left in my laundry room. I took 3 bags to the road this morning (3 bag limit) and tonight I was cleaning up the rest. Actually, I almost grabbed a 4th bag, before remembering the limit...
When I was cleaning up I noticed something odd about this bag, something familiar about its contents. I opened the bag. No, he didn't...
Yes, dammit, yes, he did...
I couldn't believe it at first, and then I realized that it wasn't personal, because that would imply that he actually thought about someone. No, he is too "me-centric" for that. It was simply logical to him - he didn't need/want them, so therefore away they went. What were they?
My grandmother's slides, and A LOT of them...
Not his mother, but my mother's mother. I know it wasn't personal, but I am still having a hard time accepting that anyone could be so unthoughtful. Seriously, he emptied them from the cabinet they were in, neatly organized almost to perfection (compliments of Mom of course), he placed them into a garbage bag, and no where, I mean NO WHERE in any of that did a single thought cross his mind that maybe he shouldn't throw them out?
Nope, obviously not...

0 comments: