[insert something here] need not apply

Right from the beginning of this entry I can tell you what I am referring to with the [insert something here]. Insert your favorite stereotype, or discriminatory remark. Insert your personal ideals, rather than looking to who I really am, and make your decision.
Its about this blog entry that interested my friend 'Rain, and interested me... In summary, if you haven't the time to read it all - is that your potential hiring at a company/organization could be thwarted by what you write in your blog. I have read somewhere else too - many of our blogs, including my own, are more of a diary. I remember when I was a teenager, my diary had a lock, a secure hiding spot, and booby traps so I would know if someone even tried to look. Now I am an adult, better able to articulate my words (well, maybe NOT!) and here I pour these thoughts into typed words, that the whole world could see. I was curious, how easy is it to come across me... I guess you can google me to find out.
But still, and I am going to now refer back to 'my' flaw #2 in the theory of affirmative action - where I refer to human beings as being incapable of objectivity, and this flaw applies to virtually any theory you propose anywhere! Why do I bring this up now - because if a potential employer reads my blog, makes a judgment call on who I MUST be, because of it - then so be it.
Would I really want to work at an organization that is incapable of having an open discussion with ME? Would I really want to work with people who believe that my cryptic rantings really show true insight into my psyche?
I don't think so ...

3 comments:

  Anonymous

April 12, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

  Anonymous

April 14, 2008 at 6:18 AM

I like it . . . but yeah, unfortunately people judge other people based on a number of non-objective factors. not sure there's a way around that . . .

  Jessica Côté

April 14, 2008 at 8:30 AM

i'm in no way suggesting there is a way around that until we are no longer human beings... no one is expempt, even you and I are subjective, 100% of the time... its just the way it is...